With the release of Plesk-Onyx, it is possible to migrate Application, files and MySQL
databases between Linux and Windows servers via Website Importing feature. This
feature allows us Windows to Linux domain migration such as applications, folders, files and databases.
1. Go to the destination server and manually create the domain to be migrated.
2. Go to
Websites & Domains tab of the domain and select the
Website Importing option.
3. Enter your source
website's domain name,
FTP username and password, and click
The destination server will now try to connect to the source website, and search for contents.
1. The source website’s domain name resolves to the correct IP address from the destination server.
2. The FTP server on the source server is working properly. Make sure that source server’s firewall
is not blocking the FTP connection of the destination server.
3. FTP username and password are correct. Also make sure that the FTP user has full access to the
source web space.
Once the connection is successful, we can migrate applications, folders and databases from source
to destination domain.
Once the connection is established, Plesk will search for installed applications on source website.
1. Once the scanning is completed, Plesk will list the all installed applications. Select the
application that needs to be migrated.
2. You can change the folder location on target server by via the folder link under
3. Now click
Start import to initiate the migration process.
The application, its files and databases can be migrated using this feature.
N.B.The application must use a MySQL database, and the database server must use the
For updating data on the destination server, select the application and click the Re-sync
button. Doing this will synchronize the data on the destination server with the source server.
Similar to application migration, we can also migrate folders with all files and sub-folders from the
1. Under folders, click
Add Folder to Import and select the folder you want to transfer. You
can also change the destination location if needed.
The selected folder, including its sub-folders and files will be migrated to the
You can use the Re-sync option to synchronize the destination folder with the source.
Like applications and folders, we can migrate databases too. Note that only MySQL
databases can be migrated using this method at the moment.
Add Database to
2. Enter the database details on the server and click
After the migration of a database, synchronize the database via the Re-sync option.
Hope this helped. Still facing trouble? Get in touch with us for a free consultation.
Thanks for dropping by. Ready for the next blog?